Xiaomi is one of the most popular brand in China, and it is getting popular across the world now. Last week Xiaomi scheduled for MIUI 9.5 Global Stable ROM update for Xiaomi devices. But, the final roll out might get delayed for some devices as Xiaomi has already started working on MIUI 10, so the MIUI 9.5 might be the final update in the MIUI 9 series.
Xiaomi Co-Founder and Vice President Hong Fend told that their main aim is to make Miui 10 smarter than all os currently available. Miui 9 took the spotlight for its lighting fast speed & Miui 10 will take place for being the smartest OS. As, the MIUI 10 is an intermediate update there might not be major features inclusion. According to internal reports, MIUI 10 skin might bring minor improvements and bug fixes over the previous 9.5 version.
MIUI 10 FEATURES
The MIUI 10 update is reportedly getting major upgrade and the new feature of MIUI 10 is quite impressive. The update as rumored will be called as MIUI X.
- MIUI 10 will get a smart assistant similar like Siri, Cortana.
- They are removing less used features based on its users feed-back.
- Revamped Notification Pannel with Notification dots and Settings Menu.
- Miui 10 will come with new emoji pack & stickers supporting AI.
- Battery Optimised os.
You might have experience that although, Xiaomi adds new feature with each upgrade, the look of their custom skin almost appear same. We hope that along with lot of changes in features and performance we get better look as well.
MIUI 10 ELIGIBLE DEVICES
Xiaomi dropped few of their devices from further upgrade due to hardware constraints. Here are the list of MIUI 10 eligible devices:
- Mi 3
- Mi 4
- Mi 4S
- Mi 4c
- Mi 6
- Mi 5
- Mi 5S
- Mi 5S Plus
- Mi Mix
- Mi Mix 2
- Mi 5X
- Mi Max
- Mi Max 2
- Mi Note 2
- Mi Note 3
- Redmi Y1
- Redmi Y1 Lite
- Redmi Note 3
- Redmi Note 3 Pro
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 4X
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Note 5A
- Redmi 4
- Redmi 4X
- Redmi 4A
- Redmi 3
- Redmi 3S
- Redmi 3S Prime
- Redmi Pro
- Redmi 3X
- Mi Pad 3
MIUI 10 RELEASE DATE
Xiaomi have not yet revealed or confirmed the date for the announcement of MIUI 10 ROM. But, it is expected to launch somewhere in July or August and OTA roll out from November 2018.
How to Install MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Phones
To update your Xiaomi Mi and Redmi smartphone to the latest MIUI build, you need to first download Fastboot ROM or Recovery ROM from the provided download link (will be available once it is released) and then follow the provided guide below:
- First, you need to have Mi Flash Tool.
- Then you need to take backup of your device, then download Fastboot ROM.
- Boot your device in Fastboot or Recovery Mode, by switching off your device and then press the volume down and Power button together at once. You device will power up with fastboot screen.
- Connect your device to PC now.
- Launch the MI Flash Tool and enter the MIUI 10 ROM path in the address bar.
- Click on Refresh to confirm the connection and then finally hit Flash.
- The phone will start flashing, it will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device. Do not remove your device while flashing.
- Device will reboot with MIUI 10.
This is a simple guide on how to update Xiaomi phones to latest MIUI 10 update. Let us know if you face any issues in the comment section while updating your Xiaomi device.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.