Presently, users are faced with the inconvenience of either carrying an additional phone or tablet to access multiple WhatsApp accounts or having to frequently login and out to switch between accounts.
This new feature offers a seamless solution, enabling users to effortlessly switch between accounts within the app. The “Dual WhatsApp Account” feature not only streamlines account switching but also simplifies conversation management across multiple accounts. Recently, they also released a feature to use two WhatsApp accounts in one mobile.
Here are some key points to remember when using the Dual WhatsApp Account feature:
- You’ll need a second phone number, which can be either a physical SIM card or an e-SIM number.
- Ensure that your phone supports multi-SIM or e-SIM functionality. If not, you’ll have to use a secondary device to set up the second account.
- The alternate number is necessary to receive a one-time passcode, typically sent via SMS for account access.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on setting up and using multiple WhatsApp accounts on a single device:
- The latest update should be your WhatsApp app to the latest version.
- Open the Settings menu by clicking on the three dots in the top left corner of the app.
- In the Settings menu, you’ll notice a small arrow next to your name.
- Tap the arrow and select “Add account.”
- Enter your second phone number and verify it using the code sent to you via SMS or a call.
- Once the number is verified and the setup is complete, you can easily switch between accounts by tapping the arrow next to your name.
- Tap the arrow, and select the account you wish to use.
With this feature, you can personalize privacy and notification preferences for each account independently. You also have the flexibility to enable various settings, such as muting or archiving conversations, deleting messages, and blocking specific contacts, for each account. You should also check how to set up WhatsApp Passkeys.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on making your life simpler by using technology.