IOS devices are known for their stability, stunning camera features, and fewer lagging issues. This year, Apple introduced the company’s latest iPhone devices at an event in San Francisco and iPhone 8 Plus is one of them. Now is the time to know whether the latest iPhone devices are satisfying the needs of the users in this regard as the iPhone 8 Plus is currently competing with other flagship smartphones such as Galaxy Note 8 in the market. If you are confused to choose a winner between them, we would suggest you continue scrolling and read this post till the end. Because we are going to discuss the Pros and Cons of the iPhone 8 Plus in this post.
Pros and Cons of iPhone 8 Plus
Let us first have a look at the advantages of the iPhone 8 Plus.
iPhone 8 Plus Pros
- The build quality of the iPhone 8 Plus is very good like its predecessors. It feels very premium and more like a flagship smartphone in its looks besides fitting perfectly in your hands. There is glass on the back side as well and it is used for wireless charging.
- The mobile comes with TouchID (fingerprint sensor) and it works super fast in the iPhone 8 Plus. However, you might feel little lagging issues with the TouchID if your fingers are moist.
- Just like its predecessor, the iPhone 8 Plus also comes with dual speakers. For those of you who play music via a Bluetooth speaker, you can sell it because the iPhone 8 Plus is loud enough and good.
- The battery life is also very good in iPhone 8 Plus. One should not compare the battery of an iPhone with Android phones in terms of milliamperes. Instead, the comparison should be done on how long it lasts despite the heavy usage. And in that case, we have a winner in iPhone 8 Plus because the battery lasts more than one day even for heavy users.
- The output of audio via the bundled earphones is very good and will certainly blow your mind.
- The iPhone 8 Plus comes with the latest iOS 11 out of the box and therefore you’ll have features such as augmented reality and much more via the latest iOS version.
- The camera in iPhone 8 Plus has a Dual Camera setup. One of the lenses is a telephoto lens using which you can capture great portrait mode photos with stunning bokeh effects.
- 3D Touch has just got better in iPhone 8 Plus. It will be very easy for you to operate the apps without even having to open them. Our favorite feature of the 3D Touch is its integration with the keyboard app. You can move the cursor to the right or next with a long press on the keyboard and by swiping in the corresponding direction.
These are the Pros of the iPhone 8 Plus.
Don’t miss: iOS 11 Pros and Cons
Let us now have a look at the disadvantages of the iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus Cons
- The front-facing camera is not bad, but it is not the best in the market. For instance, the front camera on Note 8 is way better than the one on iPhone 8 Plus.
- iPhone 8 Plus supports fast charging as well as wireless charging. But the charger that comes in the box is not a fast charger. It is surprising and disappointing to see why Apple is not shipping a bundled fast charger and the company seriously owes an explanation to its customers when almost a fortune is being spent to purchase the iPhone 8 Plus. (Current Price in India Rs 73000 – 64 GB variant, Current Price in the US: $799 – 64 GB variant).
- It is high time that Apple should consider upgrading the design of iOS and its devices. For instance, you wouldn’t feel much difference between the iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus. You can test it by trying the case of the iPhone 7 Plus with the iPhone 8 Plus. You would notice that the case would fit perfectly on the iPhone 8 Plus because the company has stuck to a similar design for the past four years.
- The screen of the iPhone 8 Plus is great. But it still has the IPS LCD screen while other flagship smartphones come with AMOLED display.
- The iOS 11 might be huge and good. But it is very buggy at the moment with the battery draining issues. The iOS 11.1 update which is slated for release a few weeks later now is said to fix this battery issue. By the time you read this post, the iOS 11.1 update might be out already. If yes, share your experience in the comments section below.
- You should also place an order for a case along with the order for iPhone 8 Plus. Because this smartphone comes with glass on both sides and it is also a little heavy at the same time. So you must not feel any regret later for not having bought the case to protect your precious smartphone. Or else, the huge amount you spend from your pocket to buy the iPhone 8 Plus will go in vain.
These are the major cons of the iPhone 8 Plus.
We hope this post on the advantages and disadvantages of the iPhone 8 Plus will help you take a decision on whether you want to buy this smartphone or not. If you are confused to choose between iPhone 8 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 8, we have written a similar post on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pros and Cons. You might want to check that as well to choose a winner between Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
You might also like:
For tutorials on how to improve your life using technology, visit our TUTEZONE section.