If you are someone who owns a DSLR camera, then you’re also someone who has copied the photos several times to your laptop or desktop from the camera. After copying photos to your laptop or desktop, have you ever noticed small spots on them? After finding the spots in one photo, if you find the same small spots in the same location in all the other captured photos, you can be sure of one thing, that your camera sensor has got some dust on it.
There are several ways to remove dust from the camera lens. And in the worst cases, you might need professional help and it will cost a fortune at the camera service centers. Therefore, it is always best to know the ways on how to prevent your camera sensor from dust. Because, at the end of the day, the camera sensor is prone to dust only when it is exposed while changing lens and you should be able to change the lenses without affecting the camera sensor.
To help you with that, we are going to provide you some tips on how to prevent your camera sensor from getting dust.
- Always clean your camera sensor with much care. Some cameras are equipped with cleaning the image sensor every time you turn the device on or off. These devices also sometimes let you clean manually using the functions within it. If you have any friend who is a professional at cleaning the camera sensors, learn the art from him. If nothing suits well, it is good to get your camera serviced now and then, and the service center folks would then take care of your camera sensor as well.
- Check the presence of dust on the lens before mounting it your camera. You can use a blower to blow the dust away from the lens if there are any.
- First, get your lens ready and then open the camera to mount the lens. Do not open the camera first for a long time and wait till you get your lens ready as this time might be enough for the dust to enter the camera sensor area.
- Always hold the camera upside down while changing the lenses.
- Prevent changing lenses in risky environments.
Despite following all the aforementioned ways, your camera sensor might still acquire some amount of dust, because that’s how our atmosphere works. But the ways shared above will help you prevent the entry of dust to an extent. However, let us know your views about the same in the comments section below. Please also be free to share any other ways that we’ve missed here in this post. Because knowledge is a tricky thing if it’s not shared.
For more similar posts, stay tuned with our Photography section.