Reliance Jio Cinema users faced disruptions across the country during the India vs Australia T20 series, with the outage emerging around 7 pm IST, as indicated by Downdetector. Many users took to X (formerly Twitter) to report the JioCinema outage. Concurrently, the JioCinema app continuously prompted users to update their app on TV. For those wondering how to update the JioCinema app on their smart TV, here’s a detailed guide.
Understanding your smart TV’s operating system is crucial for updating the JioCinema app. Samsung TVs run on Tizen OS, while Apple TV uses tvOS, and Amazon FireTV utilizes Fire OS. The most common TV OS is Android or Google TV, employed by brands like Realme, Sony, OnePlus, and Kodak.
The app update process varies based on the TV’s operating system, and we’ve provided a guide for each:
JioCinema app update on Samsung TV:
- Newer models: Support automatic updates. Press the home button on the remote, select Apps, move the cursor to settings, and enable/disable Auto update.
- Older models: Require manual updates. Press the Smart Hub button, select Featured, find apps that need updating, and follow the on-screen instructions.
JioCinema app update on Google TV or Android TV:
- These TVs come with the Play Store pre-installed. Head to the Play Store, search for JioCinema and tap Update to begin the process.
JioCinema app update on Fire TV:
- Fire TV has its app store. Open Settings, select Applications, go to App Store, and enable Automatic update. Alternatively, manually update by pressing and holding the center button on the app, selecting More info, and choosing Update.
JioCinema app update on Apple TV:
- Open the App Store, find JioCinema, and click Update if an update is available.
This guide is a helpful resource for users navigating the update process, especially during service disruptions. Feel free to reach out if you have further inquiries or information to share.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on making your life simpler by using technology.