Whether you possess an older Pixel device or one from the Google Pixel 8 series, the introduction of Android 11 bestowed Pixel users with access to a distinctive feature known as “App Suggestions.” This feature is designed to simplify the app-finding process by providing recommendations on either the home screen or the bottom app drawer, tailored to your phone activity.
However, some users might find this feature somewhat intrusive when enabled. The good news is that you can effortlessly activate or deactivate it according to your liking. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to manage it:
Also Read: All Important Gestures of iPhone X
Disabling App Suggestions on Pixel Phones
- Long Press on an Empty Space: Initiate the process by long-pressing any vacant space on your Pixel home screen.
- Access Home Settings: A pop-up menu will emerge on the screen. Find the “Home Settings” selection and give it a tap.
- Navigate to Suggestions: Scroll down to find the “Suggestions” option.
- Disable Suggestions: Within the Suggestions menu, you’ll encounter options like “Suggestions in all apps list” and “Suggestions on Home screen.” Switch off both options to deactivate app suggestions.
Enabling App Suggestions on Pixel Phones
- Long Press on an Empty Space: Kickstart the procedure by long-pressing any unoccupied space on your Pixel home screen.
- Access Home Settings: A pop-up menu will appear. Select the “Home Settings” option.
- Navigate to Suggestions: Look for the “Suggestions” option.
- Enable Suggestions: Within the Suggestions menu, toggle on the “Suggestions in all apps list” and “Suggestions on Home screen” options to reactivate app suggestions.
By adhering to these uncomplicated steps, you can effortlessly tailor the app suggestions feature on your Google Pixel phone to align with your preferences, thereby enhancing your overall user experience.