Microsoft has recently been conducting tests on updated versions of its Snipping Tools within the Insider Preview build for Windows 11. These enhancements bring forth notable improvements and alterations to the Snipping Tool, with one standout feature being the capability to extract text from screenshots captured using the tool. Presently, this feature is accessible through the Dev and Canary channels, with plans to roll it out to the stable build in the near future.
However, there exists a method to install this new Snipping Tool, complete with Text Actions. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of obtaining the updated Snipping Tool and demonstrate how to extract text after capturing a screenshot. You can also check Windows 11 compatibility with your system.
Getting the New Snipping Tool with Text Actions:
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to https://store.rg-adguard.net/.
- In the dropdown menu, select “Product ID” and opt for the “Fast ring.”
- Enter the code “9MZ95KL8MR0L” in the search field.
- From the search results, locate the version labeled “2022.2308.33.0” and proceed to download it by right-clicking on the file with the “.MSIXBUNDLE” extension.
- After downloading, initiate the installation process by double-clicking the downloaded file.
- Voilà! The new Snipping Tool is now at your disposal within your system.
Copying Text from a Screenshot:
- Capture a screenshot using the Snipping Tool.
- Locate the “Text actions” button in the toolbar.
- Click on this button.
- You can now select text from the screenshot and paste it wherever needed in your desired applications.
By following these steps, you can harness the enhanced capabilities of the Snipping Tool, including the valuable text-extraction feature, to streamline your workflow on Windows 11.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on making your life simpler by using technology.