Due to Corona virus outbreak Government has imposed the nationwide 21 days lockdown that will continue till April 14th. To stop the Coronavirus spread almost all the services have been stopped and one of them is banking sector. Now, to help its customers ICICI Bank has launched the WhatsApp Banking services. ICICI Bank customers can now use WhatsApp to access their account information and other required services.
The ICICI account holders can check their savings account balance securely on WhatsApp. Along with that you can also see the last three transactions, credit card limit, get details of pre-approved instant loan offers and block/unblock credit & debit card. The WhatsApp service will also show the nearest three ICICI Bank ATMs and branches in the vicinity in case it is required. However, this service can only be availed by your registered mobile number.
Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank commented on the launch:
It has always been our endeavour to offer improved convenience to our customers. Recently, we had rolled out ‘ICICIStack’, the most comprehensive digital platform in the country by a bank as it can facilitate crores of customers to continue all their banking, digitally and from a remote location, without visiting a bank branch. Now, we have introduced this service on WhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the world. Our retail customers can execute a host of their banking requirements on their own, without visiting a branch. The services are instantaneous and secure. With the growing prominence of social media in every-day life, we believe that this would add immense convenience to our customers, as it allows them to bank while they are on social media.
How to use the ICICI bank account service on WhatsApp
- First save the contact number like ICICI Bank for this number 9324953001
- Open the WhatsApp chat window and type Hi and send it
- You will get the available services as response.
The available ICICI banking services on WhatsApp are:
- Check account balance: Type any keyword like “balance”, “bal” or “ac bal”
- Get outstanding balance and view available credit limit of credit card: Type “limit”, “cc limit” or “cc balance”
- View last three transactions: Type “transaction”, “stmt” or “history”
- View details of available pre-approved instant loans: Type “loan”, “home loan”, “personal loan” or “instant loans”
- Block/Unblock credit and debit card instantly: Type “block”, “lost my card” or “unblock”
- View nearest ICICI Bank ATM and branch: Type “ATM” , “branch”
- Check available nearby offers on travel, dining, shopping: Type “offer” or “discounts”
Since, Google search related to Corona virus has also surpassed even some of the most common and consistent queries. Hence, Google has rolled out an update that will be connecting people with COVID-19 information and resources.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India has also created a WhatsApp chatbot on corona called as ‘MyGov Corona Helpdesk’. The step has been taken to provide the right information to people, as fake information have been doing rounds on social media group, which is creating panic and misleading people.
Please share with us your experience and thoughts in the comment section if ICICI bank account service on WhatsApp is useful to you.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.