Honor 9i is Honor’s choice for the people in India who are looking for a smartphone between Rs 15000 and Rs 20000. Priced at Rs 17,999, the mobile is available exclusively on flipkart.com. One of the highlight features of this mobile is that it comes with four cameras. 2 cameras on the front and 2 cameras on the back as well. If you are confused to make a choice between Honor 9i or its competitors like Moto G5s Plus or Xiaomi Mi A1, you are at the right place. Here in this post, we are going to have a quick review on the Honor 9i smartphone by having a look at its pros and cons.
Before heading to the rest of the post, you might want to have a look at the Honor 9i Specifications.
Pros and Cons of Honor 9i Smartphone
Let us first begin with the advantages of the Honor 9i smartphone.
Honor 9i Pros
- Honor 9i features an18:9 aspect ratio screen with full view display. It looks perfect on the 5.9-inch screen.
- The auto brightness feature works well on the Honor 9i smartphone. You will be able to view the contents on the screen even under the direct sunlight.
- The battery on Honor 9i lasts for a typical working day. It provides an on-screen time of 4-5 hours like Moto G5s Plus and Mi A1 smartphones.
- The UI in Honor 9i is a customized one. But, you can still personalize it by enabling app drawers and much more.
- The camera is the biggest strength of the Honor 9i smartphone. And again it is only if your needs end with the static images.
- The front camera on the smartphone produces the output that matches the ones which the flagship smartphones produce.
- The fingerprint sensor is located in the right place. It is fast, reliable and reachable.
- The call quality and the earpiece quality are good.
These are the Pros of the Honor 9i smartphone. Let us now head to the disadvantages of the Honor 9i.
Don’t miss: Mi A1 Vs Moto G5s Plus; Which one is better?
Honor 9i Cons
- It is surprising to see why the company has not integrated the fast charging technology to the Honor 9i smartphone. It takes more than 3 hours to charge the 3340 mAh battery.
- Although the company relies heavily on its four cameras for the promotion of Honor 9i smartphone, the video quality is not up to the mark. In simple words, you can say that the videos are not stable. The electronic image stabilization is also missing in the output. There is also no any 4K video support, unlike the Moto G5s Plus smartphone.
- Although the company has promised the Android Oreo update for the Honor 9i, we do not know when it will arrive on the smartphone. You should also not expect the monthly security updates. Because the Honor is pretty bad at delivering the monthly security updates to smartphones at this price range.
- The screen looks like it doesn’t have any Gorilla Glass. Besides that, the company has also not mentioned it anywhere.
The Gyroscope sensor is missing. It means that you should forget about the Virtual Reality and viewing the YouTube 360 videos.
- This mobile is not for the hardcore gamers as there would be frame droppings while playing the high-end games.
These are the Cons of Honor 9i Smartphone.
Don’t miss: Pros and Cons of LG Q6; A quick review
We hope that this post will help you take a decision on whether you should buy the Honor 9i smartphone at present or not. However, share us your decision and views in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.
For more similar posts, visit our PROS & CONS section.