Tough competition is going on between Mi A1 and Moto G5S Plus in the current market. Both smartphones sport almost the same specifications, that’s why from the user’s perspective, it could be tough for you to choose the best between these two smartphones. Truth be told, there is no best between them because it all depends on your requirement. To help you take a good decision, we have come up with our Top Mi A1 Vs Moto G5S Plus comparisons which must help you to take a better decision.
Mi A1 Vs Moto G5S Plus (Top Comparisons)
The Mi A1 and Moto G5S Plus satisfy the customers in terms of design equally. The manufacturers have done justice by integrating a top-notch design in both smartphones.
Screen, Size & Comfort
- Both the Mi A1 and Moto G5S Plus smartphones come with 1080p full HD displays with the same screen size. But you would find it easier to hold the G5S Plus in your hands.
- Yes, on the basis of the comfort of holding the mobile in your hands, we have a winner in Moto G5s Plus smartphone since its back is curvier.
- Both smartphones alert you about new notifications in different ways. We have a physical LED notification light on the Mi A1 smartphone and it blinks only in one color every time you receive a notification. On the other hand, the Moto G5s Plus makes use of the native Moto Display app to alert you to notifications.
- If you are a physical LED notification lover, go ahead with Mi A1, but if you are a Moto Display lover, go ahead with the Moto G5s Plus smartphone. We’d go ahead with the Moto G5s Plus because we find the Moto Display way cooler than the basic physical LED notification light.
- There is also another app, Moto Actions on Moto G5S plus using which you can control the smartphone via gestures. For instance, if you would double-chop the device in your hand, it will turn on the flashlight.
Audio on Speaker
Both Mi A1 and Moto G5s Plus devices produce the same sound output in the loudspeaker. But, the sound in Mi A1 is louder and so if you are a person who plays a lot of soundtracks on speaker, you should choose the Mi A1 smartphone.
Audio via Headphones
The audio output in Mi A1 is one of the best in the current market. In fact, the sound quality is better than in even premium smartphones. In terms of audio output via headphones, Mi A1 produces better sound than the Moto G5s Plus smartphone.
Both the Mi A1 and Moto G5s Plus smartphones share almost the same specifications. For instance, both of them sport the same processors and RAM capacities. They are also packed with dual cameras, but we will talk much about it in the camera section of this post.
Battery and Daily Usage
On a typical day, you can expect both the Mi A1 and G5s Plus smartphones to last until the end, but the Mi A1 lasts more than the G5s Plus smartphone, all thanks to the pure Stock Android from Google for that. Still, it would be better if you can always carry an adapter or a power bank as a backup.
- Mi A1 and G5s Plus run Android Nougat out of the box. Since the Mi A1 is backed by Google’s Android One program, we can expect to get regular updates, Oreo updates, and even the Android P update next year.
- On the other hand, though there is the official confirmation that the G5s Plus smartphones would get the Android Oreo update, it is still not sure whether the monthly security updates will be delivered regularly. Ever since Lenovo acquired Motorola, there is a change in the pace and availability of regular updates in the Moto smartphones.
Moto G5s Plus and Mi A1 deliver the same gaming experiences.
Moto G5s Plus supports fast charging, but the Mi A1 does not. Although the Mi A1 also sports the same processor, it is surprising that why Xiaomi has not added support for fast charging in Mi A1 smartphones.
- Mi A1 and Moto G5s Plus come with dual cameras, but they work differently.
- The portrait mode is faster in Mi A1 and you can also zoom well in Mi A1, but the depth mode (the portrait mode) in G5s Plus works slowly and it takes a few seconds to capture a photo.
- But in terms of image quality, the G5s Plus was producing a more natural output when compared to the Mi A1 smartphone. We expect Motorola/Lenovo to increase the speed of camera performance via a software update.
Sadly, the Mi A1 does not come with NFC support and FM Radio.
Final verdict on Mi A1 Vs Moto G5s Plus
As mentioned in the introduction of this post, both smartphones are better and it all depends on your requirement. For instance, if you are a physical LED notification lover, you should go ahead and choose the Mi A1 and the same is with the audio quality, the Mi A1 works like a charm to produce world-class sound output. The Moto G5s Plus is also better in all the other ways, and you should love it for the inbuilt apps such as Moto Actions and Moto Display apps for letting you use the smartphone in a whole other way.
We hope this post will clear all your doubts of you and help you to take a good decision. However, let us know your decision and views by commenting in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive articles on how you can improve your life using technology. Trust me, you will be glad that you’ve paid a visit there.