Thanks to its stability and the less lagging issues, iPhone smartphones are one of the most stable and sought-after devices in the market. Every year, the company upgrades its iOS version with new exciting features to make the iPhones even better. The latest iOS 11 has added features such as Dark Mode, augmented reality features and much more.
If you have been using your iPhone for a long time, you must be worried about the condition of the power/lock button like everyone else. We use it for locking and turning the smartphone off. It is not that the prolonged usage of this button will lead to discontinuation of its functioning, but it is good if you can safeguard the power button without relying much upon it.
Don’t miss: Major Pros and Cons of iPhone 8 Plus
In that case, we will need alternatives to lock the screen and turn the smartphone off. For those of you, especially the iPhone 7 and above users, who can lock and wake up the smartphone using the highly responsive fingerprint sensor, around half section of this post which talks about the locking of the smartphone is not for you. However, the rest of the section which talks about the shutting down the smartphone should be helpful for you.
Yes, here in this post, we are going to guide you on how to not rely much on the lock/power button of your iPhone?
We use the power/lock button mostly for two purposes. One is to shutdown the device and the other is to lock the device. Let’s now have a look at how we can shutdown the iPhone device without having to use the power/lock button.
- First of all, go to the HomeScreen and tap on the Settings icon And then Tap on General.
- Now scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the Shutdown option and then Tap on it.
- Now slide the red power off button from the left to right. That’s it, you have now successfully learnt to turn off your device without relying on the sleep/wake button.
Don’t Miss: Hide App Icons in iMessage on iOS 11?
Now that you have learned to turn the iPhone off without using the power/lock button, it is time to learn on how to lock the device without using the same.
- Launch the Settings Menu from your HomeScreen and follow the path
Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch.
- After opening the Assistive Touch settings, you will find that it is disabled by default. You will have to tap on the first option to turn it on (It turns into green color when you turn it on). After enabling it, you will view a floating home button on the screen.
- This assistive touch home button will now be visible on all the screens. Now, to lock your screen using the same, tap on the assistive touch home button from any screen, then tap on Device > Lock Screen.
That’s it. In this post, you have learned to find alternative ways within the screen to turn off your phone and lock the screen. This way, you can give some slack to the power/lock button of your iPhone. We hope this way will help you. Anyways, share us your experience in the comments section below.
For more similar tutorials, visit our TUTEZONE section.