Apple announced its latest smartphone iPhone 8 at its Apple Event 2017.
iPhone 8 Highlights
- The mobile sports a 4.7-inch display has an aluminum design, and brand new glass which the company claims to be the most durable glass in smartphones to date.
- Like iPhone X, the iPhone 8 also supports wireless Qi charging besides backing fast charging technology.
- It is also powered by A11 to offer an augmented reality experience.
- The speakers are redesigned and will provide deeper bass and 25% louder audio.
iPhone 8 Specifications
The smartphone sports a 4.7-inch IPS display at a resolution of 1334 x 750 pixels with 326 ppi pixel density, 3D Touch, 625 cd/m2 max brightness, and 1400:1 contrast ratio.
It is powered by a Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with a three-core GPU, and M11 motion coprocessor and runs on the iOS 11 operating system.
Don’t miss: iOS 11 Pros and Cons
- The primary camera is a 12MP camera, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Six‑element lens Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps.
- It also has 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, and Retina Flash.
Connectivity and Sensors
The smartphone is equipped with a TouchID fingerprint sensor besides supporting 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, and GPS with GLONASS connectivity features.
Battery and Dimensions
- It packs a Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging and fast charging technologies besides weighing 148 grams with 138.4x 67.3×7.3 mm size measurements.
- The company is promising 12 hours of internet usage and 14 hours of talk time usage.
The iPhone 8 is also water and dust-resistant (IP67).
Price and availability
- iPhone 8 will be available in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold colors at a price of $699 and $849 for the 64 GB and 256 GB versions respectively in the US.
- The mobile will be available for pre-order from September 15 and will go on sale from September 22.
- The iPhone 8 India availability date has also been announced. It will be available from September 29 at a price starting from Rs 64,000.
Our views on iPhone 8
- For those of you who want to hold and fit your smartphones perfectly in your hands, iPhone 8 is for you.
Available on Amazon:
Let us know your views in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive articles on how you can improve your life using technology. Trust me, you will be glad that you paid a visit there.