Apple announced the company’s latest smartphone, Apple iPhone X at its Apple Event 2017. Just as expected the iPhone X sports an infinity display like the latest high-end Samsung devices.
iPhone X Highlights
- The smartphone packs 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina edge-to-edge display at a resolution of 2436 x 1125 pixels with 458 ppi pixel density.
- The display is powered by Dolby Vision, HDR10, million-to-one contrast ratio besides sporting 3D touch.
- Unlocks the phone using the Face ID (face recognition technology) and does not have a home button.
- Powered by A11 Bionic Chip just like the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in addition to sporting an Aerospace-grade 7000-series aluminum frame, glass back.
- The smartphone is also water and dust resistant.
- Supports Qi wireless charging and can charge up to 50% in thirty minutes. The company is also claiming about 2 additional hours than the iPhone 7 in the latest iPhone X smartphone.
Let us now have a detailed look at the specifications of iPhone X.
Apple iPhone X Specifications
The smartphone sports a 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina HD display at a resolution of 2436 x 1125 pixels with 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical), 3D Touch and 625 cd/m2 max brightness.
It is powered by Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion coprocessor and runs on the iOS 11 operating system.
Don’t miss: iOS 11 Pros and Cons
The device will be available in 64 GB and 256 GB storage options.
- It has 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; digital zoom up to 10x, Six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash.
- The latest iOS device is packed with a TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition.
The mobile supports 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS connectivity features.
Battery and Dimensions
- The smartphone packs non-removable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging and fast charging technologies. You can get up to 12 hours of usage time on the internet and 21 hours talk time.
- iPhone X weighs 174 grams and measures 143.6x 70.9×7.7 mm.
Price and availability
iPhone X will be available in Space Gray and Silver colors at a price of US$ 999 (Rs. 63940 approx.) and US$1,149 (Rs. 73,540 approx.) for the 64 GB and 256 GB models. The pre-order will begin from Friday and from October 27 in a few other countries. The iPhone X sale will start on November 3.
Our comments on iPhone X
Just as expected, the company has announced the iPhone X with an infinity display. This time, the Apple has copied the Samsung in terms of display. The wireless charging and a few other announced features are also available already on other smartphones. However, a product from Apple, especially the newly launched phones are always special and that’s why the iPhone X will certainly win the hearts of customers around the world.
Let us know your views on iPhone X by commenting in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section that contains exclusive articles on how you can improve your life using technology. Trust me, you will be glad that you paid a visit there.