In today’s digital age, payment methods have evolved to offer unparalleled convenience. UPI (Unified Payments Interface) has become increasingly popular, serving as the go-to choice for a wide range of transactions, from everyday grocery shopping to street food purchases. However, one inconvenience that often arises with UPI transactions is the need to enter a PIN every time, even for small purchases. Sometimes, you may forget your PIN and need to reset your PIN for UPI transactions. But what if there were a way to make small payments without the hassle of entering a PIN? Enter UPI Lite, a solution that offers numerous benefits, including the ability to make small payments without a PIN and streamlined transaction processes.
Simplified: UPI Lite is an on-device wallet designed to facilitate quick payments up to a specific value without requiring a PIN. This not only accelerates transaction times but also reduces the burden on banks.
Transaction Limits for UPI Lite: With UPI Lite, users can initiate transactions of up to Rs 200 at a time and can add up to Rs 2,000 twice a day, allowing for a daily spending limit of Rs 4,000. The best part? There are no additional fees for transactions, and no KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements apply. Once enabled, UPI Lite becomes the default payment option for transactions of Rs 200 or less.
List of Banks Supporting UPI Lite: Several prominent banks support UPI Lite, making it accessible to a wide range of users. These include:
- AU Small Finance Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- South Indian Bank
- Union Bank
Setting Up UPI Lite for PIN-Free Transactions: Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to enable UPI Lite for seamless, PIN-free transactions with some of the popular UPI apps:
- First, download the updated Paytm app if you haven’t already.
- Open the app and select the UPI Lite icon.
- Choose the bank account eligible for UPI Lite.
- Enter the desired amount to activate your UPI Lite account.
- Authenticate the transaction using your MPIN.
- Your UPI Lite account is now set up, and you can make payments with a single tap.
- Google Pay (GPay):
- Open Google Pay and select your eligible bank account that supports UPI Lite.
- Authenticate the payment, and you are ready to make PIN-free payments through GPay.
- BHIM UPI:
- Open the BHIM UPI app and choose the UPI Lite option.
- Select one of your eligible accounts and enter the desired amount (up to Rs 2,000).
- Add the money to activate UPI Lite.
- Other UPI Apps:
- Enabling UPI Lite is a similar process in most UPI apps that support it. Just open the app, locate the UPI Lite banner or option, add the desired amount, and you’re all set to use the app without a PIN for transactions up to Rs 200.
Also Read: How to send money through WhatsApp
UPI Lite offers a hassle-free way to make small payments, making your digital transactions even more convenient. With support from various banks and easy setup through popular UPI apps, it’s a user-friendly solution that can simplify your daily financial transactions. Say goodbye to entering PINs for small purchases and embrace the convenience of UPI Lite.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on making your life simpler by using technology.