WhatsApp has also joined the league of offering the service of digital payment. We will guide how to setup and start the payment through WhatsApp. Due, to coronavirus outbreak it is absolute necessary to maintain social distancing. And, digital payment will help you to avoid any unnecessary contact with other people. While using hard cash is dangerous because the cash have transferred through several hands and we don’t know either it was in contact with coronavirus carrier or not.
However, the WhatsApp Payments has been rolled out for few users of WhatsApp for Android Beta and iOS. This new service comes with the support of more than 70 banks including Airtel Payments and Paytm Payments bank. We are expecting the WhatsApp payments to give tough competition to leading online payment apps. If, you want to know on how to send and receive money using the WhatsApp Payments, you are at the right place right now. Because, here in this post, we are going to guide you on how to use WhatsApp Payments.
Well, there are multiple services offering digital payment options. As, of now there are two ways for digital payment through online payment app.
- Some apps offers both UPI as well as wallet-based money transfer
- While, some aps offers only UPI-based payment directly through the bank’s portal.
Whereas, WhatsApp Payments is a UPI-based feature that only allows peer-to-peer money transfer.
Pre-requisites for setting up WhatsApp Payment feature:
- You should have latest version of WhatsApp app
- An Active bank account
- WhatsApp number should be the same phone number which is registered with active bank account.
How to set up and use WhatsApp Payments on your smartphone
- Open WhatsApp and tap on three dots from the top-right corner
- Tap on Payments option
- Tap on Add Payment method option
- Tap on Accept and Continue button
- Select your bank and tap on it
- Using your registered mobile number WhatsApp will then gather your bank details
- Tap on verify via SMS to verify your bank account
- Tap on done to complete the setup process
How to send money using WhatsApp Payments feature
- Open the Chat with whom you would like to send money
- Tap on Attach icon
- Choose the Payment option
- Enter the rupee amount you would like to send
- Enter the description for the payment, which is optional
- Tap Send
- Enter UPI PIN to authenticate the payment.
- Once the payment is sent, the transaction details will be listed in the chat, including a transaction id.
However, you will not be able to send money if your contact does not have WhatsApp payment feature enabled in their smartphone. A pop up will appear on your screen if you try to send money to them ‘To receive a payment , needs to set up payments in WhatsApp by tapping Setting > Payments’.
Please let us know if you have a question about payments on WhatsApp.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.