Telegram has seen recently rise in its user base, and making sure to give smooth ride for users who are switching from WhatsApp to Telegram. Recently, Telegram released an update to provide the ability to import WhatsApp chats to Telegram app with other improved features.
Now, if you are planning to switch to Telegram from WhatsApp you can easily transfer your individual and group chats to Telegram. Here we have give the step by step guide to import WhatsApp chat to Telegram.
Steps on how to transfer WhatsApp Chat to Telegram
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on the chat you wish to transfer to Telegram
- Tap on the three vertical dot ‘Menu’ at the top right corner of the window
- Tap on ‘More’ option
- Tap on the ‘Export’ option
- A pop will come with message ‘Including media will increase the size of the chat export’ with two options ‘Without Media’ and “Include Media’. Tap on one of the preferred option.
- A new pop up will appear with options to share your chat with multiple apps. Tap on Telegram to start the export process.
- You will see a new screen from Telegram app to select the chat in which you want to add the WhatsApp chat, along with ‘Saved Messages’ and ‘Telegram’ Chat options.
- Tap on the preferred chat, and then tap on ‘SEND’ option to import your chat.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.