Video files are the most popular media format to help spread informative content or entertainment. Every website, social media platform and technology revolves around videos. In 2020, when life seems to be perpetually online, videos have become more popular than ever.
Often, you may need to send large video files, transfer them to another device, convert them or edit them. Without a video converter tool, these takes are almost impossible. With so many programs out there, how do you know which one will work the best for your Mac?
Which tools are worth looking into?
Video converter tools are popular and have saturated the market. Hence, we have brought you a list of the top video converters for Mac. These video converters offer the best performance out of the rest and have been trusted by users for a year. Take a look:
1. VideoProc: Developed by Digiarty, this lightweight tool is preferred by most for video conversion for Mac. With this software, you can get it all done in one go. It is easy-to-use, offers great features, and helps you convert up to 8K resolution videos. What more can one ask from a video converter tool?
With this program, you can edit, convert, and resize your videos easily with this tool; you can transform your videos taken on your other devices such as Android or GoPro to make them look like a work of art.
You can either opt for an annual subscription, lifetime access or for the free trial. However, the free trial is only limited to 5-minute videos.
- Lightweight software which does not slow your computer down
- Easy to use, there so not much of a learning curve involved with this tool as it is very intuitive
- Can change formats and help you to compress large videos
- Adjust frame-rates for your videos
- Can be used for audio files as well
- The free version is limited to a five-minute video which may not be enough for most users.
- You can get an annual subscription for $30; they also offer discounts from time to time where you can get a lifetime subscription for $30
2. Any Video Converter: With this tool, you can download and convert videos easily. This tool works with 24 file types and can be used for batch processing several files at once. You can use this software to extract audio from video files as well. This tool allows you to directly download videos by inserting the YouTube or Google link for the file.
Although it is considered to be free, this tool offers a trial version where you can convert 3-minute videos. However, the free version offers several features which will keep users satisfied. You can add filters, crop videos, add watermark and more. You can work on files individually, or as a batch. With the paid version you have access to additional features such as removing DRM, streaming paid videos and so on.
- It is easy to convert videos using this tool
- Download videos directly from the internet
- Can be used for batch conversion
- Can extract audio from video
- Can convert files to several file formats
- It does not accept audio file type inputs
- You are prompted to download other software when you try to download this program
You can opt for the free trial version of paying $39.95 for an annual subscription, or $49.95 for lifetime access.
3. Movavi Video Converter: Easy to use, and a clutter-free interface makes this software a favourite of many users. You can select among 17 file formats, which include the most popular. This tool also has some popular pre-sets, which allow for fast video converter for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and so on. It includes editing tools as well, and this program can be used to extract audio from video files.
You can take advantage of a seven-day free trial to understand how the software works. Although you will not have full access to the program since you can only convert the first half of your files, it still allows you to understand whether you want to opt for a paid version.
- Extract audio files form videos
- You can use pre-sets to convert files to popular multimedia types for portable devices
- The free trial allows you to understand how the tool functions
- Fast video conversion
- Number of file formats is low, although most popular types are included
- The paid version is a little more expensive than the rest
After the free trial, you can opt for a $39.95 annual subscription or $49.95 for lifetime access. For $79.95, you can get lifetime access to some additional features.
4. HandBrake: This software supports a wide range of file formats for input, although it can convert only to a limited number of formats like MP4, MPEG etc. It can be used to customise the video file in many ways such as adding subtitles, allowing frame rate changes, changing video codec, adding audio tracks and more. This program is perfect for those who want fast conversion without any added frills. You can also use this software to convert files quickly for other multimedia players using pre-sets.
- Can be used for quick conversion
- Simple to use and lightweight
- Offers several customisable features
- Accept several input files formats
- It can only convert files to a limited number of formats
This nifty tool is completely free.
5. DivX Video Converter: While this software offers most of the same features as the other ones mentioned in this list, what makes it stand out is that it can be used to create beautiful videos as well. It’s editing, and conversion features are more or less on par with the rest of the tools mentioned above and can create video s with a resolution of 4K. It can support several file formats for input as well as conversion. The best part of this video converter is that it does not overwhelm you with ads and offers you a seamless experience. You can also use it for video management and organise your video files according to a playlist.
- No ad interruptions
- Can make videos of 4K resolution
- supports several file formats
- The program may freeze at times
Pricing: You can opt for the free version which more or less offers all features, or you can opt for the premium version for just $19.99
With these tools video creation, conversion and editing will not seem like a chore. You can enhance your creativity with these tools, and help every vision come to life. Get excited about your new projects.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.