The Indian Railway cancelled all the tickets until lockdown was imposed. Now, after lockdown has been revoked for several cities in India the train services have resumed. Check how to book online train tickets as in the wake of COVID 19, as a measure of abundant caution booking has been suspended on multiple route for all trains until further advice.
For trains cancelled till 30th June 2020 by Indian Railways, full refund will be provided automatically by IRCTC. Users need not cancel their e-tickets. Full fare will be credited back into users accounts from which payment was made.
However, as per Ministry of Railways they have resumed passenger train services from June 1. And, around 200 new special trains are bound to specific stations across the country. Since, these trains will only be the reserved trains only passenger with confirmed booked online ticket will be able to board these trains.
Here are the Notices that IRCTC has posted:
- For trains with Pantry Car, Cooked Food shall not be available in trains. Only Packed Items, Ready to eat, Packaged drinking water and Tea/Coffee/Beverages will be available on limited trains and station catering units.
- For trains without Pantry Car, No food will be provided in train.
- During COVID-19, You are Responsible for Your Own Health.
- Use Face Mask, Maintain Social Distancing and Wash Hands Frequently
- All passengers are hereby informed that downloading of Aarogya Setu App on their mobile phone, that they are carrying along, is mandatory.
- All Passenger to kindly note that on arrival at their destination, the traveling passengers will have to adhere to such health protocols as are prescribed by the destination State/UT.
- Catering Service is not available and catering charges not included in the fare.
- No blanket and linen shall be provided in the train.
Now, if you are planning to travel and want to go to your place and meet your family and friends.
Here is how you can book train tickets online using IRCTC website.
- Login to IRCTC website.
- Enter ‘From’ station ‘To’ station and date of travel and click on Find Trains button.
- Choose the train you want to travel from and click on Check availability & fare.
- Click on ‘Book Now’ button to book the ticket.
- A new webpage will open, fill in your name, address, age and phone number and click on Continue button.
- Review the filled form and click on Continue button.
- Select the payment mode and make the payment to confirm the booking.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number after booking is confirmed.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.