While booking a ticket on IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Operation) website is like a war, especially during tatkal ticket, and certainly, if you get your ticket booked that feels like you have won it. But, have you ever made a mistake while booking online train tickets via the IRCTC website and later would like to change your passenger name or wanted to change the boarding station?
Here is some good news for you, IRCTC allows passengers to change ‘Boarding Station’ & ‘Passenger Name’ against a request from the passenger as per extant railway rules. You can avail of this facility by visiting the nearest Railway Reservation Office only at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the concerned train. While change is permitted only for confirmed or RAC passengers. Now, if you are wondering how to change the passenger name on booked IRCTC ticket. Here are the steps you need to follow.
How to change passenger name in booked IRCTC ticket
- IRCTC allows travelers to transfer their ticket to someone in their blood relation such as father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband, and wife.
- Take a self-attested copy of the ticket.
- Take a self-attested copy of the identity proof of both passenger who is not traveling and who is traveling in their place of him, and bring your original ID along with it. Also, take proof of blood relation desired to be changed.
- Go to your nearest railway reservation counter
- Here, you can ask the counter officer to change the passenger’s name on the ticket, which can be fulfilled after filling up the required form.
Recently, Indian Railways has also simplified the process of getting Train status, booking status, and PNR Status via WhatsApp in partnership with the online website MakeMyTrip. To get the details all you need to do is save the official WhatsApp number (7349389104) on your phone and start a chart. Then, simply type in PNR followed by your PNR number in the message box to get the information on your phone.
Share your thought with us, do you think it is comfortable enough? I believe this facility should also be available through the IRCTC website rather than visiting the Indian Railway reservation counter.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.