HMD Global launched the company’s latest mid-range Nokia 7.2 Android One smartphone. It sports a 6.3-inch FHD+ Waterdrop PureDisplay. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 with up to 6GB of RAM and runs Android 9.0 (Pie), which is upgradable to Android 10. It is crafted from polymer composite that’s twice as strong as polycarbonate and half the weight of aluminum, and features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and the back and features rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Waterdrop PureDisplay for this phone uses Dedicated Pixelworks visual processor to upscale video content to HDR quality in real time, with up to a billion shades of colour, higher contrast and expanded dynamic range. For, the screen of this phone it also comes with high brightness and local contrast enhancement, making it easy to view content even in brighter conditions.
The Nokia 7.2 phone features triple rear cameras a 48MP camera with ZEISS Optics, Quad Pixel technology AI features such as Portrait mode with unique ZEISS bokeh styles – ZEISS Modern, ZEISS Swirl and ZEISS Smooth – that recreate the way legendary ZEISS lenses produce high visual impact and signature blur. AI powered Night mode with image fusion and exposure stacking can sense whether hand held or on a tripod, adjusting the number of exposures accordingly. Along with that it has an 8MP 118-degree ultra-wide lens and a 5MP depth sensor. On the front side it has a 20MP with ZEISS Optics and Quad Pixel technology.
Nokia 7.2 specifications
The Nokia 7.2 comes in Cyan Green and Charcoal colors in India, is priced at Rs.18,599 for the 4GB/64GB variant and Rs. 19,599 for the 6GB/64GB variant. It will be available at top mobile retail outlets in India, on Nokia.com/phones and Flipkart starting 23rd September.
The mobile sports a 6.39-inch Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR 10 PureDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 500nit brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut with a resolution of 1080 × 2340 pixels.
It is powered by Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU and runs Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10.
The device comes with 4GB/6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage. The memory can be expanded up to 512GB with microSD.
It has triple rear cameras 48MP Quad Pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.79 aperture, ZEISS optics, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP depth sensor.
On the front side it has 20MP Quad Pixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, ZEISS optics.
Connectivity & Sensors
The mobile supports Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0. It has Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio and Google Assistant button, Notification LED. It also comes with a rear mounted Fingerprint sensor.
Battery and Dimensions
The mobile packs 3500mAh battery. It has a size measurement of 159.88 x 75.11 x 8.25mm and weight is 180g.
Price and availability
The Nokia X6 is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 13,830 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version, 1499 yuan (US$ 236 / Rs. 15,980 approx.) for 4GB RAM with 64GB version. And, it costs 1699 yuan (US$ 266 / Rs. 18,090 approx.) for the top-end 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version. It is comes in Blue, Black and Silver colors and available in China from May 21st.
- For HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards users on EMI and regular transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in retail stores, will receive a 10% cashback. Consumers can also avail 10% cashback when they use HDFC consumer finance in retail stores. This offer is available at retail outlets till 31st October 2019.
- Using Bajaj Finance, IDFC First Bank, HDFC Bank CD loans and HDBFS gives Special Triple Zero offer: Zero down payment, zero processing fee and no interest cost for consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 till 31st October 2019.
- For Jio subscribers will get benefits worth Rs. 7,200 on Rs. 198 and 299 plans which include Rs. 2,200 cashback from Jio; Rs. 3,000 vouchers from Cleartrip and Rs. 2,000 off on Zoomcar. Offer applicable for new as well as existing Jio subscribers
- Consumers purchasing from Nokia.com/phones will receive Rs. 2,000 gift card. Offer applicable till 31st October 2019.
- For Flipkart users will receive extra Rs 2,000 off on exchange till 31st October 2019.For Flipkart users if they purchase Nokia 7.2 using HDFC Bank Debit Cards will receive a 5% cashback till 28th September 2019 and those using ICICI Bank credit cards and Axis Bank credit and debit cards during The Big Billion Days Festival will receive a 10% instant discount starting from 29th September 2019 till 4th October 2019.
Share us your views on the Nokia 7.2 smartphone in the comments section below.
For more similar latest updates, stay tuned with our NEWS section.