The Government of India is very serious about its people to Link Aadhaar with Mobile number. All these days, the customers had to visit the offline stores of the respective telecom operators to accomplish this task. And now, the process got very easier. The mobile users in the country can now dial a single number, irrespective of their network to verify their mobile numbers with the Aadhaar.
It means that the users can now perform the verification process right from their houses and not from any physical outlets. Here in this post, we are going to guide you on how you can link your Aadhaar with mobile phone number.
How to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Phone number?
- First step would be to keep your Aadhaar card in your hand or the Aadhaar number noted.
- Now dial 14546 (tollfree) and follow the steps as directed by the IVR.
- After dialling 14546, you will be asked to choose if you are an Indian national or NRI. Choose the option appropriately.
- In the next step, you will have to give consent to link your Aadhaar with your mobile number.
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- In the next step, give your consent once again to let the operator to grab your name, photo and date of birth from UIDAI database.
- Now enter the OTP that you have received via SMS.
- You will get an SMS that confirms the re-verification process which also tells that it will take around 48 hours to complete the entire process.
As of now, only Vodafone, Idea and Airtel customers seem to be working. When we tried calling from Jio, the IVR directed us to the customer care executive and during both our attempts the call was terminated without connecting an executive. But we can expand it to be available for all the networks very soon.
Indian Government had earlier made it mandatory to link your PAN card and Aadhaar to file the taxes. Back in the month of November, the telecom operators were advised to set up a website where the users could link their Aadhaar and mobile number online. But so far, there is no mention of any such website. That’s why this tollfree number service is going to be very helpful to the users.
However, let us know if you are facing any issue while following the steps to Link Aadhaar with Mobile number in the comments section below. For more similar latest updates and tutorials, stay tuned with our NEWS and TUTEZONE sections.