Linking your PAN and Aadhaar to file the taxes is not optional anymore. So, if you are trying to find a way how to do it, you are at the right place right now. The best thing about linking both cards is that it is very simple to do it. Here in this post, we are going to guide you on how to link your PAN card and Aadhaar card.
How to link a PAN card and an Aadhaar card?
- First of all, go to the Income Tax e-filing portal.
- If you are a new user in this portal, you will have to select ‘Register here’ and follow the registration process by entering the details of your PAN card. This is followed by creating a password once the OTP is verified.
- Either way, you have your credentials now. So choose Login here so that you will be able to connect your PAN and Aadhar.
- Enter your PAN number as your user ID, the password, and the captcha code to prove that you are not a robot. Finally, click on Login.
- Now, a window will pop up asking you to link your Aadhaar. Enter your Aadhaar number and the Captcha again, and click on ‘Link Now’.
- If you have missed the pop-up window option after logging in, do not worry. You will still be able to enter the details without much trouble.
- Head to the top menu and click on Profile Settings. Here you will find ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Now enter your Aadhaar number and click on Save.
Note: This way will work only if the details on the Aadhaar card and PAN card match.
Anyways, the government is working on making this process much easier. So, if you are stuck anywhere still, do not worry, because new ways will be added soon.
However, we hope this way will work for you. Let us know your experience by commenting in the comments section below.
For more tutorials, visit our TUTEZONE section.