Sony launched the company’s latest smartphones, Sony Xperia R1 and Sony Xperia Rs Plus in India. Both the mobiles sport the 5.2-inch 2.5D curved glass display and is powered by the Snapdragon 430 processor besides running on Android 7.1 (Nougat) out of the box. The only difference is that the R1 version has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory, and the R1 Plus has 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal memory. The OS can be upgraded later to Android (Oreo).
Don’t miss: Sony Xperia Android Oreo Update list
Sony Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus specifications
The smartphone sports a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display at a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
- It is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) out of the box.
- The OS can be upgraded later to Android (Oreo).
- Xperia R1 comes with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory.
- Xperia R1 Plus comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal memory.
- The storage memory can be upgraded later to 128 GB using the microSD card.
It has 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Exmor Sensor, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus and 8MP front-facing camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus.
The device supports 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS , USB Type-C and Dual SIM connectivity features.
Battery and Dimensions
The device comes with 2620 mAh built-in battery and weighs 154 grams with 146×73.2×8.89mm size measurements.
Price and availability
Both the Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus will be available in Silver and Black colors at a price of Rs 12,990 and Rs 14,990 in India from November 10.
Share us your views on the Xperia R1 series device in the comments section below.
For more similar stories, visit our MOBILES section.