Before that, for those of you who do not know what Google AMP is, please search ‘Donald Trump’ in your Google app right now. The highlighted link in the image below is a Google AMP one.
Now that we know what the Google AMP is, let’s peep into the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Google AMP
- The highlight feature of Google AMP is its ability to speed up the loading time of the websites even in slower connections.
- Web pages which are Google AMP-enabled consume only fewer data.
- As the websites which are enabled by AMP load faster, it will help the site to improve the site in the search engine results. That’s why we can see a lot of webmasters implementing the same on their sites.
- The major disadvantage is for the owners of the website. The AMP will disable the Ads on the web pages.
- It displays a formatted URL and not the original one.
- The AMP messes up a lot of things on iOS devices. For instance, the feature will break the scroll-to-top gesture.
Disable AMP in Google Search
Via encrypted Google Search
You can force the Google to load the original versions of the websites by using encrypted.google.com. The search results loaded in this version of Google search lists only the regular versions of the website. If you are finding it difficult to type the address every time, we’d suggest you save it either as homepage or a bookmark.
This Android app loads only the original links by bypassing the AMP links. Open the AMP links using this app, and the original version of the web page will be loaded with all the elements. It will require you to use the Google search app and it will not work if you are searching on Google Chrome browser.
The DuckDuckGo search engine is famous for not tracking its users. Unlike Google, it loads only the original versions of the websites. Try adding the DuckDuckGo as the default search engine in your browsers.
For Chrome users:
- Go to DuckDuckGo.com in Chrome. Select Add DuckDuckGo to Chrome at the bottom.
- Go to Chrome Settings > Search engine and select DuckDuckGo.
For Safari Users:
- Go to iPhone Settings > Safari > Search Engine and select DuckDuckGo.
Let us know your views on one of the Google apps for Work i.e. the AMP links by commenting in the comments section below and would you implement amp WordPress in your existing WordPress website or when you will make a blog. We’d love to hear about it from you and hope that your blog appears as one of the best blog sites.