Facebook Profile Picture Guard tool has been released in India to let the users to have more control over their profile picture. The main reason behind the introduction of this new feature is the feedback from the people in India. Now, the feature will let the users to limit whether who can download or share their profile pictures.
The company has always educated its users whenever any new feature was released through its step-by-step guide. But if you are still figuring on how to do this, you are at the right place right now, because, we are going to guide you on how to use the new Facebook Profile Picture Guard in this post here.
How to use the new Facebook Profile Picture guard?
There are two ways to do it.
- Refresh your newsfeed to see a message that will prompt you to Help Protect your Profile Picture.
- Select Turn on Profile Picture Guard.
- This will direct you to a screen explaining the advantages of the Profile Picture Guard. Now click Next.
- You will now view your current profile photo with a shield symbol over it with an option to save.
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Tap your profile photo to see the option to Turn on profile picture guard as shown in the image below.
- Upon selecting it, you will get the option to save. After saving, you will be able to view your profile photo with a shield symbol.
After following the Way 1, you will see a message to add design to your profile photo. If you tap on Add Design, it will allow you to add an attractive design overlay on your profile photo. It appears something like as shown in the image below.
According to the social networking giant, this feature was developed in collaboration with Indian safety organizations such as Youth Ki Awaaz, Breakthrough, Learning Links Foundation and Social Research.
This feature might not be available for you as of now. But do not worry, it will be rolled out to all the users very soon.
Share us your views on the Facebook Profile Picture Guard feature by commenting in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section that contains exclusive articles on how you can make your life simpler using technology. Trust me. You will be glad that you paid a visit there.