National Payments Corporations of India (NPCI) developed BHIM to allow the people in India to receive and send money via Unified Payments Interface (UPI). The app is currently available only for the Android users and the developers have brought in a new feature called Aadhaar Payments.
Aadhaar Payments will allow you to send money directly to anyone using the recipient’s Aadhaar Number in the BHIM app. It will be not be useful if the recipient’s Aadhaar Card number is not linked to any bank account number.
Besides that, the app doesn’t show the name of the Aadhaar Card number holder. Therefore you will have to cross check again and again before sending the money.
How to send money to Aadhaar number using Aadhaar Payments in BHIM app?
- Open the BHIM app on your phone and choose ‘Send Money’.
- Hit on the three-dots on the top-right and select ‘Aadhaar Pay’.
- Enter the receiver’s Aadhaar number.
- Now hit Verify to see if the entered aadhaar number is linked to any bank account.
- In the next step, you will see the person’s Aadhaar number. You must make sure that the entered Aadhaar number is correct as the app will not display the card holder’s name.
- Enter the amount and reason for payment and then tap ‘Pay’.
Let us know whether this tutorial works for you by commenting in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.