Renting a movie in iTunes will not only let you watch it, but also increase the space in iPhone. I am sure you are a little confused right now just like how I was when I came to know about this feature. Do not worry, in this post we are going to guide you on how to increase the storage size in iPhone.
For those of you who are using iPhone’s 16 GB variant, you might be facing storage issues due to insufficient storage space. You have to compromise on using only certain apps and storing only a limited files within the 11 GB storage that you would get out of the 16 GB to save your data.
How to increase the storage size in iPhone ?
There is a trick using which you can increase the size of your iPhone just by renting a movie in iTunes.
- Head to Settings > General > About and scroll down to Available.
- Open iTunes and order a movie which is greater than the available space in your iPhone. Say if you have 3 GB available in your device, you will have to order a movie whose size is greater than 3 GB.
- You will not be charged a single penny and you will view an error message, “You don’t have enough available storage.”
- If you’d click OK, open Settings again and you’d now notice an increase in the available storage of your iPhone.
- The more you repeat this process, the more you’d get the additional space in your Storage device.
It’s not clear whether why this process will create space in your iPhone. However, let us know in your valuable comments on whether this process is working for you or not. We would love to hear from you.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section that contains exclusive articles on how you can improve your life using technology. Trust me, you will be glad that you paid a visit there.