The world of work is changing. The new ways of working – remote working, freelancing, and the gig economy are here to stay. And they’re having a big impact on how people view careers, companies, and even what it means to earn an income.
Challenges faced by companies in this new reality of work
But there are also some challenges to this new world of work:
• New skills needed —As more jobs become remote or freelance, workers need to learn new skills and develop new habits. This can include learning new technologies, such as video conferencing software, or developing new time management strategies.
• Work/life balance —Many employees are finding themselves working longer hours because of the flexibility of the gig economy. But this often comes at the cost of less time spent with family and friends.
• Income inequality —As more people move away from traditional employment, wages tend to stagnate or drop. Meanwhile, those who remain employed may see stagnant wage growth or even drops in real earnings over time.
• Job insecurity — With so many workers now freelancing or self-employed, there is no job guarantee. Employers can simply choose not to hire you if they don’t want you.
• Career development — Employees who are self-employed or work remotely are often left out of the professional networking process. They may lack opportunities to build connections within their industry and advance their career.
These trends will continue to shape the future of work. But one thing is certain: We must adapt to these changes if we want to thrive.
How have companies adapted to these shifts in the workplace?
The rise of the gig economy has been a major factor in the decline of full-time employment, and it’s also had an impact on how people work. In this post, we take a look at how some businesses have adapted to the shift towards flexible work arrangements.
1. Companies started offering remote work options
In the past, most employers offered only part-time or temporary positions. Today, however, many companies are starting to offer remote work options to attract talented candidates.
2. Companies created “hybrid” roles
Many companies are creating hybrid roles where both remote and office-based work are required. For example, a company might require someone to work from home two days per week while still requiring them to attend meetings on the other three days.
3. Companies began offering telecommuting benefits
Many companies are beginning to offer telecommuting benefits to help attract talent. Some of these benefits include free Wi-Fi, flexible scheduling, and subsidized childcare.
4. Companies started offering flexi-time
Companies are also offering employees the option of taking flexi-time to allow them to better manage their work-life balance. Flexi-time allows employees to set aside specific times during the day when they are available to work.
5. Companies started offering paid vacation
Companies are also offering employees paid vacations to help retain top talent. The average American worker receives just 2 weeks of paid vacation each year.
6. Companies started offering unlimited PTO (paid time off)
Some companies are allowing employees to use all of their PTO instead of having to accrue unused leave days.
7. Companies started offering health insurance
Employees are increasingly choosing to purchase their own health insurance rather than relying on employer-sponsored coverage. This trend is expected to increase as the Affordable Care Act continues to roll out.
8. Companies started offering 401(k) plans
Employees are increasingly opting to contribute to their own retirement savings accounts through their employers. Many companies even match employee contributions.
9. Companies started offering tuition reimbursement programs
Many companies are providing financial assistance to employees who pursue higher education. These programs can range from covering 100% of tuition costs to paying for books and living expenses.
10. Companies started offering child care subsidies
Some companies are now subsidizing childcare so that parents don’t need to choose between working and raising children.
Many companies are offering these types of benefits because they want to recruit and keep good talent.
Considerations before offering employee benefits:
However, if your business isn’t yet offering these types of perks, there are several things you should consider doing.
First, make sure your business culture supports these new policies. If not, you may find yourself losing some of your best workers.
Second, ensure that any potential hires know about the benefits. You may want to consider posting information about the benefits on your website or social media pages so that you’re able to reach more qualified candidates.
Finally, make sure that you have an effective recruitment strategy in place. Hiring managers will often look at job applicants based on what they see online. So, it’s important to make sure that your company’s image portrays the type of environment that you want to attract.
How companies can start offering freelancing benefits?
The biggest challenge for any company that wants to offer freelance services is finding a way to make it work in their business model. The problem with most freelance models is they require you to be self-employed, which means you have to manage your own taxes, payroll, bookkeeping, etc. All of this adds up quickly, and many small businesses simply aren’t equipped to handle all of those responsibilities.
FieldEngineer.com has created a solution to this problem by creating a platform where companies can hire freelancers directly without needing to worry about managing all of the administrative tasks involved in running a freelance business. As long as you have a solid marketing plan, we can get your project done!
FieldEngineer.com offers :
• A simple, easy-to-use platform
• Flexible pricing options
• Fast turnaround times
• Access to thousands of skilled freelancers
• Full support throughout the process
• No upfront fees
• No hidden charges
• 24/7 customer support
• No minimum order requirements
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.