Telegram is a cloud-based messaging app and if you are planning to download Telegram and use it as an alternative, then we would suggest enable two-step verification process. The setup is easy to follow and make your messaging app more secure.
Steps for how to enable two-step verification on Telegram
- Open the Telegram app on your device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Privacy and Security option.
- Tap on the Two-Step Verification option.
- The app will ask you to set up an additional password.
- Enter the password; add a password hint and a recovery email.
- Enter the code sent by Telegram in order to complete the two-step verification.
Once done, your two-step verification on Telegram is enabled. Now, if you would like to open your Telegram in another device you will be required to enter the new password you setup just now in addition to the code you get in the SMS.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.