ASUS has finally started rolling out the first stable build of Android 11 update for ASUS ZenFone 6 Smartphone users in Taiwan. The Zenfone 6 phone was introduced last year with Android 9.0 (Pie) and it had got the Android 10 update by the end of the year. The update brings all the new features introduced in Android 11, along with a new ZenUI interface design, full-screen gesture support with third-party launchers, and other minor changes.
According to a recent post on the ASUS ZenTalk forums, the first stable build of Android 11 (build number 18.0610.2011.107) for the ZenFone 6 is rolling out in batches for few users. ASUS confirmed that it will be available for all users if there aren’t any major bugs in the update., it should roll out to more users.
ASUS hasn’t shared any plans for a global rollout as of now. However, the expectation is that the update will start rolling out to users in other regions in the coming weeks. Let’s check out the changelog section for changes included in the Android 11 update for the ZenFone 6 given.
Android 11 update for ASUS ZenFone 6
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased.
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Removed private listening, ZenUI Help and one-handed mode
- The power expert function is integrated into the battery setting. Removed Avast scan engine
- Options such as smart classification, alignment icons, and icon packages removed from the desktop. Click the blank area of the screen to organize application software icons across pages.
- Import the new ZenUI interface design
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface and support media control. Removed the multi-window entrance, and add adjacent sharing options (need to manually add)
- The “Wi-Fi automatic download and installation” setting of the system update is turned on by default
- Third-party desktop supports the use of full-screen gestures
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.