At this time of lockdown due to coronavirus one thing that will keep us out of depression is connection with our family and friends. So, instead of wasting our time on social media fake news and unnecessary videos, we can get in touch with our people by staying at home through voice or video calls. Now, if you are an Apple user here is good news for you because you can connect with up to 32 people at a time using Group FaceTime video call through your iPhone or iPad.
However, we do have group calling feature in WhatsApp, Facebook, Google Duo and multiple other apps but they have restriction for maximum of only 4 to 5 people at a time. So, if are Apple user you can do the Group FaceTime video calling without using any third party app.
Here is Apple devices which provide Group FaceTime video call:
- Apple recommends an iPhone 6s or later models
- iPad Pro or later model
- iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4 with iOS 12.1
While, older iPhone/iPad/i-Touch models that support iOS 12.1 can join in the calls as well, but only through audio capability.
You can connect to Group FaceTime video calling through two ways:
Group FaceTime call from the FaceTime app
- Go to Settings
- Look for FaceTime and tap on it to turn it on.
- Open FaceTime app and tap the Add button in the top-right corner.
- For Group call enter name, email or phone numbers of your contact.
- Tap on ‘Audio’ or ‘Video’ button to start the required call.
Group FaceTime call from the Messages app
- Open Messages in your Apple device
- Either open an existing group conversation or start a new group conversation.
- On top of the screen tap on the contacts
- Now, to start the call just tap on FaceTime icon
Once the call starts, you can slide up the menu pane for more options that let you add more people to the call, turn off your camera etc.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.