As, you are looking for this information you are already aware of what Aadhaar is and you must have it alreay. While, it is necessary for adults it is very much essential for kids as well. Because, this Aadhaar card is not only just an identification card, but it helps you in getting government schemes benefits and can be used for several other purposes like opening a new bank account for your kid.
The UIDAI, issuing authority for Aadhaar card allows parents to get Aadhaar card for their cards. You need to follow few simple steps to get the Aadhaar card for your kids. For, you we have shared the step by step guide on How to apply Aadhaar card for children.
How to apply Aadhaar Card for Children below 5 years
1. Children under 5 years needs to be accompanied by both father and mother. While, doing the enrolment one of the parents will have to be present there.
2. You need to visit the nearest enrolment centre and fill out the enrolment form.
3. The documents that are required for verification are:
a) The child birth certificate
b) One of the parent Aadhar card copy.
4. You should also carry both the originals for documents verification.
5. Only child photograph is sufficient as no biometrics are taken for children below 5 years. Once the child turns 5 to 15, they will have to register all the 10 fingerprints, iris scan and a facial scan.
How to apply Aadhaar Card for Children between 5 to 15 years
1. You need to visit the nearest enrollment centre and fill out the enrollment form.
2. The documents that are required for verification are:
a) A copy of School’s identity or bonafide certificate on the letterhead of the institution
b) Address proof
c) Birth certificate.
d) One of the parent Aadhar card copy.
3. In case, the child does not have any school identity card, one of the parents will have to attach their Aadhaar card along with the identity certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer.
4. You should also carry all the originals for documents verification.
When the child turns 15, he/she will have to go through the entire process again to get a new Aadhaar Card.
Let us know in the comment section if you faced any issue while applying Aadhar card for your kid.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.