The Election commission of India has been calling the 2019 Indian General election as ‘Desk Ka Maha Tyohar’, which truly it is. The 17th Lok Sabha elections for 2019 is scheduled to be held in seven phases from April 11 to May 19. The counting of votes will be conducted on 23 May, and on the same day the result will be declared. While the first phase has already been over on April 11, six more phases to go. But, there were few complaints from voters, that when they went to Polling Booth to cast their votes they found that their name is missing from the electoral list. So, here we are sharing some steps on how to check your name in electoral list sitting at home, to save you from disappointment and trouble.
As, a responsible citizen of this country you also must vote, but to let you know, merely having voter ID card is not sufficient. While, it is essential to have voter’s ID card, you can still cast vote even if you do not have voter cards but are enrolled as voters in the electoral list. You can use these documents as identity proof to cast vote: Passport, Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving License, Passbook issued by bank or post office, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) card, Smart card issued by Resistance Gene Identifier (RGI) under National Population Register (NPR), Pension document with photograph, Health insurance card issued by ministry of labour and authenticated photo voter slip issued by the election machinery.
Now, there are two ways to check your name is present in electoral list, while sitting at home:
How to check if name is present in electoral list using SMS
- Open Messaging app on your phone
- Type EPIC <Space> EPIC No.(EPIC no is a 10-digit alpha-numeric code printed in the block letter at the top of the Voter ID card)
- Now, send it to ‘7738299899′
- You will receive an SMS stating your name and other required details, if your name is in the electoral list.
- But, if your name is not present in electoral list, you will get a message back saying ‘No Record found’
How to check if name is present in electoral list by making a call
- Open Dialer in your phone
- Dial 1950 and make the call
- The representative who will respond to your call will ask details like EPIC number, DOB, location, etc for your identity confirmation.
- Upon satisfactory confirmation, the representative will tell you if your name is there in the electoral list or not.
- But, since ‘1950’ is a location-based service it will always connect you to the region where SIM card belongs. So, basically this facility is useful if you are in your region have SIM card from that region.
Let us know in the comment section, if these steps helped you to find your name is present in the electoral list or not. We request you to vote and be a responsible citizen.
For other tutorials, visit our TUTEZONE section. You will be glad that you paid a visit there. Trust me. It’s worth visiting.