TRAI official DND app allows users to block and filter spam calls on both Android and iOS smartphones. So, if you have got annoyed spam calls like several other consumers from telemarketers or strangers. You have the option to block such calls, here is our step by step guide on how to block spam calls on Android phone and iPhones using TRAI’s official DND app.
Although, most of the smartphone comes with a built-in feature to block calls, which is software based feature. But, the TRAI DND app activates the DND service on their respective SIM card for registered phone number. This app also allows users to set their DND preferences. You can even lodge a UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) complaints related to the service provider and check the status of the complaints on this app.
Steps for how to block spam calls on Android phone and iPhones using TRAIs official DND app
- Download the TRAI DND 2.0 DND app from respective app store
- Once you open the app it will ask for necessary permissions, allow them
- Using OTP number verify your phone on the app
- Now, from the top left corner tap on the three horizontal bars
- Tap on Settings
- Look for option ‘Detect Spam calls’ and ‘Detect Spam Messages’ toggle and turn them on
- Enter the profile name and tap on ‘Update’ button.
- Now, your profile has been created and you are a registered user on DND app
- Tap on the ‘Registration Status’ option
- Then, tap on ‘Change Preference’ button
- Now, select all the field option from which you receive most of the spam calls
- Once done, tap on ‘Submit’ button
- You will receive an SMS for confirmation to start the DND service on your phone number.
- Reply to the SMS and wait for the confirmation message
- The app will automatically filter and block all the calls, once you receive the service activation message
There are many types of spam calls, we have listed few:
- Calls from automatic voice system with pre-recorded message for any information or update
- Calls from representatives from companies who tries to sell their product or services
- Calls from cheaters who tries to get your account details or PIN to perform invalid transactions.
Now, it is up to you how you want to use the TRAI official DND app. Let us know in the comment section if steps on how to block spam calls on Android phone and iPhones using TRAI’s official DND app helps. And, if you have already used it share your experience with us.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how you can make your life simpler using technology.