If you have watched the Pixel event this year like me, you would have noticed that the Pixel 3 XL comes with a notch and the Pixel 3 does not. The former sporting a massive 6.3-inch OLED display could be a reason for the presence of a notch, but frankly speaking, the company has failed to make it very useful. This could be one of the reasons why the notch was not highlighted as much as the other features during the event.
While having a notch certainly helps you show off that you own one of the latest smartphones, there could be a few souls who are not really a big fan of it. If you are one of them and are owning a Pixel 3 XL device, you are at the right place right now. Because here in this post, we are going to guide you on how you can remove the notch in Google Pixel 3 XL smartphone.
How to remove the notch in Pixel 3 XL?
- Launch the Settings App.
- Scroll all the way down to System and tap on About Phone.
- Find the build number and tap on it seven times.
- Follow the steps above will turn on the developer mode and give you the developer rights.
- Now relaunch the Settings app and scroll down to find Developer Options.
- Now select Simulate a display without a cutout within the Drawing section.
- Now click on “Hide” and wait for the display to re-draw itself by disabling the notch.
That’s it. As easy as one-two-three right?
We hope this tutorial has helped you to disable the notch in Pixel 3 XL smartphone. However, we would like to know your views regarding the same in the comments section below.
For more similar latest updates, stay tuned with our TUTEZONE section.