You are living in the Stone Age if you still don’t own a smartphone. And every smartphone user these days go through this situation of setting apps for a default action at least once after purchasing their device. For instance, after installing a new app like Truecaller, the launcher in your mobile would prompt you to choose the dialer of Truecaller as the default choice or stick with the native dialer app which comes with the phone.
This is one of the ways to set a default app for a certain action. There are several other ways as well to achieve this aim. Here in this post, we are going to discuss one of those widely used ways for both Android and iOS.
How to choose Default Apps for a certain action on Android?
- Go to Settings app.
- And scroll all the way to the bottom till you find Device.
- Now Tap on Apps.
- Now Tap on the Gear icon which is situated near the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the Default section from the new menu which appears after Step 4.
- Now there are six actions to select from, Opening links, Assist and voice input, Home app, Browser app, Phone app, and SMS app.
- You can select any one of the options from them and then choose any app from the on-screen options.
- This process might be different and it depends on the manufacturer of the smartphone.
How to choose Default apps for a certain action on the iPhone?
Apple is very stubborn about the users of iOS sticking with the native apps. And that is why the company doesn’t really allow you to change the default apps on iOS devices. There is a workaround though. You can set or change the default apps on iOS by jailbreaking the device.
Since there are risks involved with this method, we don’t suggest you try it. Moreover, the warranty of your phone might also be at stake. You know how much you will have to spend to repair an iPhone if it is not under any warranty.
We hope this post has helped you in setting the default apps on Android and iOS platforms. Share us your views and queries in the comments section below.
For more similar latest tutorials, stay tuned with our TUTEZONE section.