Now a days, everyone seems to be busy in starting a YouTube channel in hope that they can easily earn money from it. Whereas the reality is as people say money does not grow on trees, by just starting a YouTube channel does not promise quick source of additional income and it’s not a formula to be rich without much effort.
However, it is without a doubt a good secondary source of income as well as you could be your own boss, which matters more. Being in IT industry for than 11 years and owning a prominent technology blog. I have met with prominent YouTube content creators who have done quite well with their YouTube Channel. They have earned some money and quit their full-time jobs for the success of their respective channels. I would advise not to leave your main job, if you are thinking of starting your own YouTube channel anytime soon.
Although, there are individuals running successful YouTube channels and are managing to earn decent income from YouTube. And then there are the YouTube millionaires also. But, reality is you will hardly make anything from your YouTube channel for the initial couple of years. Because, the reality is that to make good amount of money on YouTube, you need to be dedicated, as well as ready for a long-term effort. And, of course you should have a creative mind because as I said everyone seems to be opening a YoutTube channel and uploading videos.
So, just forget about earning anything for minimum a year even if you have decent YouTube content, but keep doing if you love it.
How to setup your YouTube Channel?
- Sign into YouTube with your Google account and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen
- Click on the gear icon to get to your account’s YouTube Settings
- Click on Create a new channel
- Choose “Use a business or other name”
- Add your Brand name and click on “create” button.
Now, few suggestions before you create your own YouTube channel like first decide on the genre and name beforehand. You should also have sufficient content already available with you to upload on your YouTube channel to maintain a workflow. Make sure that videos should be mute-friendly with proper subtitles and incorporate a good voice-over. While for starter smartphone cameras are good but it is advisable to have good video cam as you know angel and shots basically make the video great.
Well, your channel is now ready and probably you have started uploading videos, but to earn money you need to enroll in YouTube Partner Program.
Here are the steps how to enroll to YouTube Partner Program?
- First you should have 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers in your YouTube channel, for to be reviewed to join the program.
- When you reach the program threshold, your channel will be automatically re-evaluated. You can check your monetization status at Creator Studio > Channel > Monetization.
- Once Approved, select your account icon >Creator Studio. In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features. Under “Monetization,” click Enable.
- Create a new AdSense account or connect an existing one to your channel. You need an AdSense account to earn money from your videos and get paid.
- Once, AdSense is also approved you can set what types of ads you want to run on your videos and automatically turn on monetization for all your existing and future videos. When you set this up, you will start earning money as soon as your channel is approved.
How to earn money from YouTube other than AdSense using other sources?
Once, you built up a sufficient subscriber base and getting good visits on your videos, you can try these three other common ways to earn money from your established YouTube channel.
- Sponsored videos: Creating videos for other brand or business. For example, if you have a channel about food, you can feature sponsored restaurant reviews.
- Affiliate links: You can add an affiliate link on the description for a product, so when user clicks on it to buy something or enroll in some online service. You will receive an Income from affiliate links, which might not be big, but should not ignore.
- Product placement: Now, if your channel is well established you can showcase a product or brand while making your general video on your YouTube channel. It usually the best source of income but again your channel should be in that position.
Let us know in the comment section if you have a YouTube channel, and you need any SEO suggestion to get more visits on your channel.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section that contains exclusive articles on how you can improve your life using technology. Trust me, you will be glad that you paid a visit there.