With only less time left to kickstart the MWC 2018 event this year, the LG announced the company’s first ThinQ mobile device, LG V30S ThinQ. Keeping the AI features aside, the smartphone shares almost the same specifications as the LG V30 with another major difference being the 6 GB RAM and 128GB (V30S ThinQ) and 256GB storage (V30S+ ThinQ) variants.
The Voice AI in the mobile will let the users to change settings and run apps via voice commands. It will also work along with the Google Assistant to provide direct selections of certain functions so that you will not have to find them through menu options.
- Bright Mode: This mode relies on certain algorithms to bring the images to light by a factor of two to enhance the image and control the noise in it.
- QLens: It will lend you scan the QR codes to provide information on where to buy based on the lowest price and also to offer recommendations on similar products. It supports celebrities, fashion, Food and landmarks like statues and buildings.
- AI CAM: This will analyze the things in the frame and suggests the optimal shooting mode among eight categories: sunset, sunrise, flower, city, landscape, pet, food and portrait.
LG V30S ThinQ Specifications
The smartphone sports a 6-inch QHD+ OLED display at a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels with 18:9 Aspect Ratio, 538 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
It is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU and runs on LG UX 6.0+ that is based on Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box.
The device comes with 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB storage (V30S ThinQ) / 256GB storage (V30S+ ThinQ) that can be expanded to 2 TB using the microSD card.
- It has 16MP rear camera with f/1.6-aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus, OIS, EIS, PDAF, 13MP secondary camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens.
- The mobile also comes with 5MP front camera with 90-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture.
Connectivity and Sensors
The mobile is equipped with Face Recognition, Voice Recognition and Fingerprint sensors besides supporting 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible) connectivity features.
Battery and Dimensions
The smartphone packs 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging technology and weighs 158 grams with 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm size measurements.
Price and Availability
LG V30S will be available in New Moroccan Blue color with a green tint and New Platinum Gray colors.
The company has promised to add more important AI features via OTA updates. However, share us your views in the comments section below.
For more similar latest updates, stay tuned with our NEWS section.