The latest prestigious smartphone from the family of Apple is iPhone X. It is special for several reasons. There is no any home button or Touch ID fingerprint scanner. Instead, it is packed with several features such as wireless charging, water and dust resistance, dual-cameras, front and back glass design and much more. To unlock the smartphone, you will have to rely on the company’s facial recognition technology called FaceID.
Besides locking and unlocking the iPhone X, you can also use the FaceID to auto-fill forms for you in the Safari browser and to make purchases on the App store. While it is a huge achievement for the Apple, it can be confusing for the users to get habituated with the feature. That’s why it must be tough for some of you to setup the FaceID initially in the smartphone. To help you with this, we are going to guide you on how to setup FaceID in iPhone X in this post.
How to setup FaceID in iPhone X?
- The first thing that you will have to focus on is the light conditions of your place. Make sure that there is enough light for the iPhone X to scan your face perfectly without any errors during the process.
- The next step would be to head to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Enter your 6-digit passcode.
- After this, tap on Enroll Face > Get started.
- Now, a small circle will be viewed on the screen, it means that your infrared sensor and the front camera are ready to scan your face.
- To add your face in 3D, make sure that your face is aligned properly within the circle to rotate your head in 360 degrees.
- The process of enrolling your face in iPhone X for the Face ID feature requires the scanning of your face two times. So, you will have to rotate the face two times to finish the process.
That’s it. Your face has been registered to lock/unlock the iPhone X smartphone. However, share us your views if our post has helped you by commenting in the comments section below. Also approach us through the comments if you are stuck anywhere.
For more similar tutorials, visit our TUTEZONE section.