Every photo or video in our gallery doesn’t get the chance to stay there forever. Most of the photos we have are one of the best among a collection of captured photographs. That’s why we delete the unimportant ones and save only the best ones. Another reason why we follow this practice is for saving the storage space. Thanks to the large user base of the Google, its cloud photo storage app, Google Photos is one of the most widely used app in the world. Available on both the Android and iOS platforms, it is the primary gallery app for many of us.
But deleting a media file via the Google Photos is not as how it is done in other apps. For instance, if you would delete a photo, it will still stay there in your device for 60 days. Here in this post, we will guide you on how to delete a Photo or Video via Google Photos Permanently.
How to delete a Photo or Video via Google Photos permanently?
Follow the steps mentioned below to delete the media files via Google Photos permanently:
- Launch the Google Photos app. By default, you will be able to see all the files in grid-thumbnail view.
- If you have decided to remove a collection of photos or videos, you know how to do that. You will have to long-press any of the media files and then tap on each one thereafter. The app will highlight the chosen photos. Now, finally select the trash icon at the top-right side of the app.
- This step will just move the selected media files to the trash folder. You will now have to go to the trash folder to delete them permanently from the device.
- Now swipe from the left side to view the slideout menu. Tap on Trash.
- Here, you will be able to view the photos or videos you have deleted from the past 60 days. You can consider it as a second chance to restore any accidentally deleted file.
- Even here, you can delete photos one by one. But, if you are like me, you should choose the ‘Empty Trash’ button at the top-right.
- Or else, if you have decided to delete the photos one after the other, long press on any of the photos first and then tap on each photo thereafter. Finally hit ‘Delete’ and they will be gone forever.
This is a simple tutorial on how to delete the photos permanently from your Google Photos app. This feature might be known already for most of you. If yes, share us your views about Google giving you a second chance to delete/restore the content in the comments sections below.
For more tutorials visit our TUTEZONE section. If you are looking for something and if it’s not available on the web, you can always reach out to us in the comments section below. We’ll try to find it for you.