Are you here to know about the JioPhone Bookings and JioPhone Specifications? If you are, then be glad that you are at the right place right now.
Yes, the bookings of JioPhone has begun as promised by Mukesh Ambani. The mobile is famous for a lot of things. It is priced at Rs 0. However, you will have to deposit an amount of Rs 1500 to get it in your hands. Here in this post, we will have a look at all those details beginning with the booking process.
JioPhone Booking Process:
- You can book the JioPhone either on MyJio mobile application or on Jio.com website. The mobile can also be booked via Reliance Digital Stores, multi-brand device retailers and other offline Jio retailers in the country.
- Initially, during the booking of JioPhone, you will have to pay only Rs 500. You must note that the bookings will be served on a first-come-first-serve basis. You can pay the remaining Rs 1000 when you get the mobile in your hands.
(The entire Rs 1500 can be claimed after 36 months when you want to return JioPhone.)
- To purchase JioPhone, you can make the payment via net-banking, debit-card, credit card. The UPI payments are also accepted.
- To track the status of the booked phones, you will have to tap the ‘My Bookings’ button on the app. Keep your mobile number and PIN code noted in your mind because you will have to enter them to complete the booking. After this, tap on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- After the confirmation of the payment, you will view a pop-up confirmation regarding the same. You will also receive an SMS stating that your JioPhone has been booked.
To help you with the JioPhone booking process, the company has released a checklist. It is shown in the image below.
To know more about the booking process in Hindi, watch the video below:
I am aware that you are now very eager to know the specifications of JioPhone. Let us have a look at them in detail below.
Jio Phone Specifications
The mobile sports a 2.4-inch QVGA display at a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels.
It is powered by 1.2 GHz Dual-core Spreadtrum SP9820A processor Mali-400 GPU / 1.1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform (MSM8905) with Adreno 304 GPU and runs on KAI OS out of the box.
The device comes with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage which can be expanded to 128 GB using microSD card.
It has 2-megapixel primary camera and 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front camera.
The mobile supports 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, USB 2.0 and Single Nano SIM connectivity features.
The device packs 2000 mAh battery and promises 15 days standby and 12 hours talk time.
Price and Availability
The JioPhone price is Rs 1500 and it is a security deposit which you can get back after 36 months. So, technically speaking, the price is only Rs 0.
JioPhone Plans and other features
The company will also provide JioMediaCable using which you can connect the JioPhone with any TV. Interesting, isn’t it?
The company said during the launch:
Along with this accessory, users can opt for the existing Jio Dhan Dhan Dhan 309 pack that would allow users to watch almost 3-4 hours of videos daily, of their choice, on a large screen.
JioPhone is also backed by Dhan Dhana Dhan offer of Rs 153 per month which provides unlimited data and voice. For those of you who don’t want to opt a Jio recharge on a monthly basis, there are Rs 54 per week and Rs 24-two day sachet plans.
Important points to be noted:
- Earlier when the mobile was announced, the company said that it would collect the entire Rs 1500 at once. Now, the users will have to pay only Rs 500 instead of the entire amount. This move was taken by the Jio to prevent the potential misuse.
- The mobile has a digital assistant and you can control it using voice commands. This feature supports 24 Indian languages.
- To call your beloved ones, you will have to press the key 5.
- The NFC feature will be added later in this year. According to the company, this will be added via Software Update.
However, it is interesting to see the way the Jio is taking forward the telecom industry in India. Because, since its inception, we have witnessed several declines in offers of other telecom operators such as Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone. All the companies are trying their best to prevent their users from migrating to Jio. For instance, there is a huge decline in the prices of data plans by Idea and Airtel. Users can now use up to 1 GB per day at a low price. Earlier, the users were supposed to pay around Rs 250 per month to browse 1 GB per month. That way, the Jio really needs to be appreciated for being responsible for lowering the prices of data and voice plans in India.
The news is emerging in social media sites that the booking site is not opening. This could be due to heavy traffic. We would advise you to be patient and try after some time in case if you are also facing the same problem. However, let us know your opinions on the introduction of Jio in India by commenting in the comments section below.
For the latest updates, visit our NEWS section.
You might also like our TUTEZONE section. that contains exclusive articles on how you can improve your life using technology. Trust me, you will be glad that you paid a visit there.