There comes a stage in life where you will have to upload pdf documents in certain websites. May it be a job for which you have applied or any health insurance site asking you to upload your health card, most of such sites expect you to upload the pdfs in small size. But, you and I know that the pdf files usually possess more than at least 1 MB. In this case if the websites need you to upload the pdf documents lesser than 1 MB of size, you will have to rely on any compressor to compress the files.
The easiest option which everyone relies on is the online pdf converters. There are several of those species available online and they are used widely by most of the people as it consumes only little time. But, the main concern when you choose this way is the security. Because, when you are uploading your Aadhaar card, you are sharing most of your private information online. There is a good chance that this private information can be misused if fallen into the wrong hands.
Still most of the people use the online converters, because, it is easy, takes less time and you will not have to install any application on your machine. If you are one of them and still want to rely on online file compressors to reduce the size of your pdf, we are sharing 3 of the most popular pdf compressors below.
You must note that these online software will have to be used at your own risk. We will not be responsible if your private information is misused.
Now, we are going to guide you on how to reduce the pdf file size in several platforms beginning with the mobile platforms.
How to reduce the pdf file size on Android or iOS?
The online compressors mentioned in the above section works well in the mobile platforms as well. The Android users can choose their file either from the internal storage or from cloud services like Dropbox or Google Drive. But, the iOS users will have to upload the file only from the cloud platforms like Dropbox or Google Drive. While few websites will provide the compressed pdf file in a zip file, the others will provide you links which can be shared right from the webpage by sending an email or by any other means.
How to reduce the pdf file size using Adobe Acrobat?
Adobe Acrobat is one of the most widely used pdf reading applications in the world. There is a feature in it to compress the size of pdf, but it comes at a price. You will have to subscribe the paid Acrobat Pro subscription by paying a few thousand bucks from your pocket. In case if you have more money and you have subscribed the service, below are the steps are for you.
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat application.
- Go to Tools -> Optimize PDF.
- Choose Reduce File Size from the toolbar which appears above the PDF.
- For more control, go to Advanced Optimization and click Audit Space Usage. This will help you find which page elements are adding more size.
- Now after checking everything, click OK.
- Head to File -> Save As, and make a copy.
That’s it. You have just learned to compress the PDF file using Adobe Acrobat software.
How to reduce PDF files for free on Windows?
There are many file compressing software that are available for free for the Windows users. 4Dots Free PDF Compress is the most popular one among them. You can install it on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 versions.
Below are the steps that will guide you to compress the PDFs using 4Dots:
- During the installation of 4Dots on your machine, enable the option to appear it in the Windows right click menu.
- Now right click the desired PDF and select Compress PDF.
This is the easiest way to compress the PDF. However, you can also compress the file after opening the 4Dots software from the Start Menu.
- In this way, you will have to add the files either by clicking the ‘Add Button’ and browsing or dragging and dropping the desired pdf file from any folder which is already opened.
- After completing the step above, choose the output folder, image quality and hit Compress.
How to reduce PDF files for free on MacOS?
There are many advantages if you would buy a MacOS device. And one of them is that you will not have to download any third party software to compress the PDF files.
Below are the steps on how to compress the PDF files on MacOS
- You will have to open the PDF in Preview.
- Now go to File -> Export.
- Under Quartz Filter option, select Reduce File Size.
- Select the export location and hit save.
We have tried our best to include as much information as possible to help you compress the PDF files. If you are stuck anywhere, please let us know about it in the comments section below. We’d be glad to help you out and guide you.
For more tutorials, visit our TUTEZONE section that contains exclusive tutorials on how to make your life simpler using technology. Trust me. You will be glad that you paid a visit there.