There comes a stage in life where you will have to upload pdf documents to certain websites. So, you should know how to reduce PDF file size. May it be a job for which you have applied or any health insurance site asking you to upload your health care, most of such sites expect you to upload the pdfs in small size. But, you and I know that the pdf files usually possess more than at least 1 MB. In this case, if the websites need you to upload the pdf documents lesser than 1 MB in size, you will have to rely on any compressor to compress the files.
The easiest option which everyone relies on is the online pdf converters. There are several of those species available online and they are used widely by most people as it consumes only a little time. But, the main concern when you choose this way is security. Because, when you are uploading your Aadhaar card, you are sharing most of your private information online. There is a good chance that this private information can be misused if fallen into the wrong hands.
Still, most people use online converters, because, it is easy, takes less time and you will not have to install any application on your machine. If you are one of them and still want to rely on online file compressors to reduce the size of your pdf, we are sharing 3 of the most popular pdf compressors below.
- PDF Compressor
You must note that this online software will have to be used at your own risk. We will not be responsible if your private information is misused.
Now, we are going to guide you on how to reduce the pdf file size on several platforms beginning with the mobile platforms.
How to reduce the pdf file size on Android or iOS?
The online compressors mentioned in the above section work well on mobile platforms as well. The Android users can choose their files either from internal storage or from cloud services like Dropbox or Google Drive. But, the iOS users will have to upload the file only from the cloud platforms like Dropbox or Google Drive. While few websites will provide the compressed pdf file in a zip file, the others will provide you links that can be shared right from the webpage by sending an email or by any other means.
How to reduce the pdf file size using Adobe Acrobat?
Adobe Acrobat is one of the most widely used pdf reading applications in the world. There is a feature in it to compress the size of the pdf, but it comes at a price. You will have to subscribe to the paid Acrobat Pro subscription by paying a few thousand bucks from your pocket. In case you have more money and have subscribed to the service, below are the steps for you.
- Open the PDF in the Adobe Acrobat application.
- Go to Tools -> Optimize PDF.
- Choose Reduce File Size from the toolbar which appears above the PDF.
- For more control, go to Advanced Optimization and click Audit Space Usage. This will help you find which page elements are adding more size.
- Now after checking everything, click OK.
- Head to File -> Save As, and make a copy.
That’s it. You have just learned to compress the PDF file using Adobe Acrobat software.
Also Read: How to play video in MX Player during call
How to reduce PDF files for free on Windows?
There are many files compressing software that is available for free for Windows users. 4Dots Free PDF Compress is the most popular one among them. You can install it on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 versions.
Below are the steps that will guide you to compress the PDFs using 4Dots:
- During the installation of 4Dots on your machine, enable the option to appear in the Windows right-click menu.
- Now right-click the desired PDF and select Compress PDF.
This is the easiest way to compress the PDF. However, you can also compress the file after opening the 4Dots software from the Start Menu.
- In this way, you will have to add the files either by clicking the ‘Add Button’ and browsing or dragging and dropping the desired pdf file from any folder which is already opened.
- After completing the step above, choose the output folder, and image quality, and hit Compress.
How to reduce PDF files for free on macOS?
There are many advantages if you would buy a MacOS device. And one of them is that you will not have to download any third-party software to compress the PDF files.
Below are the steps on how to compress the PDF files on macOS
- You will have to open the PDF in Preview.
- Now go to File -> Export.
- Under the Quartz Filter option, select Reduce File Size.
- Select the export location and hit save.
We have tried our best to include as much information as possible to help you compress the PDF files for free. If you are stuck anywhere, please let us know about it in the comments section below. We’d be glad to help you out and guide you on How to reduce PDF file size.
For more tutorials, visit our TUTEZONE section which contains exclusive tutorials on how to make your life simpler using technology. Trust me. You will be glad that you paid a visit there.