Indian Railways has launched the latest IRCTC Rail Connect app which will replace the old IRCTC app which was launched long ago in 2014. According to Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Minister of Railways, the E-ticketing system of Indian Railways caters more than 10 lakh passengers daily out of which 58 % among them are reserved passengers.
It was not possible to book between 8 AM and 12:00 noon in the old IRCTC app. Not just that, the website bookings were not synchronizing the booking views. The features such as boarding point change and current booking were missing. The app was always slow with less security levels.
The latest app is said to overcome these factors. To facilitate the booking of food via e-catering and air tickets, the new IRCTC app is linked with IRCTC AIR and Food on Track mobile apps. The highlights of the IRCTC Rail Connect app are as listed below:
- 24/7 service with no time based checks.
- Synchronisation of mobile app with NGET for ticket booking.
- Simple and easy User Interface
- Supports General, Ladies, Tatkal & Premium-Tatkal quota booking.
- Facility of Cancellation and Filing of TDR for tickets booked through website, Current Booking, Boarding Point change, PNR Enquiry, Tatkal booking provided in a controlled manner
- Advanced security features of self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login.
- New User registration and activation from App directly.
- Integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions.
- Users can view and cancel old mobile app tickets also.
- Provides Payment Gateway linked to more than 40 banks to facilitate payments through net banking, Credit cards, Debit Cards and wallets of PayTM, PayU, Mobikwik and IRCTC. (More wallets like SBI Buddy etc. will be integrated soon)
You might also like our TUTEZONE section that contains exclusive tutorials on how to make your life simpler using technology. Trust me. You will be glad that you paid a visit there.