Most of the people know how to add location on Google maps app and they even use it like Google where am I? But, have you ever asked yourselves, “how to remove my place from google maps” or may be if you have moved to a new organization, you might have asked yourselves “how to remove work from google maps”? Or did you ever want to know how to disable the location in google now map? If yes, you are at the right place right now. Because here in this post, you are going to know on how to remove location from google maps and google now.
You might also like: How to delete your presence in Internet?
Google is changing the way we are living. The introduction of Google Now in Android Smartphones has only increased the pace of that. Say if you are visiting a Café or Mall every week in the same time, Google Now will save it to start showing recommendations based on that visit. All thanks to the integration of Google Now with Google Maps for that.
Let’s say the Google maps app has saved a place for which you don’t want recommendations. What would you do? Do not worry. Just follow the instructions listed below.
How to remove location from Google Maps and Google Now
- Firstly, make sure that your Google Maps app is up-to-date in your Android Smartphone.
- Open the Google Maps app and select “Your Places” by tapping on the left sidebar.
- You will find the labelled places here and your next move must be to find the Home and Work locations.
- Click on each one of them and you can delete them completely from there.
- Scroll down to Saved to view all the places you’ve starred. The Maps application is very likely to display travel times for these places. Here you can remove them by tapping on the three-dot icon and select “Remove Star”.
- Say if you don’t want to view the travel times at all, open Google app and go to Settings by tapping on the left sidebar. Select your feed and disable Commute and Time to leave.
Let us know if these steps for How to remove location from Google maps or remove work from Google maps helped you. So, keep an eye on Google Maps update for new features.
For more tutorials, visit our TuteZone section. Also let us know whether this works for you by commenting in the comments section below. We’d love to hear about it from you.